Skip to Main Content
Utah's forest resources, 2000-2005Author(s): Larry T. DeBlander; John D. Shaw; Chris Witt; Jim Menlove; Michael T. Thompson; Todd A. Morgan; R. Justin DeRose; Michael C. Amacher
Source: Resour. Bull. RMRS-RB-10. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 144 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (4.0 MB)
DescriptionFIA is responsible for periodic assessments of the status and trends of the renewable resources of America's forests. Fundamental to the accomplishment of these assessments are the State-by-State resource inventories, which are now conducted on an annual basis. This report summarizes the results, interpretations, and future significance of Utah's annual inventory. The organization and layout of this report begins with a short introduction of FIA's annual inventory system and then a detailed description of its inventory methods. After an overview of the report tables, the bulk of the report is contained in the "Forest Resources" and "Current Issues" and "FIA Indicators" sections, and finishes with a discussion of Utah's Timber Products. The "Forest Resources" section is outlined similar to past periodic reports for ease of comparisons. The "Current Issues" and "FIA Indicators" sections cover topics considered pertinent to Utah's forests relative to the information FIA collects, and points to other related or more in-depth studies and research.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDeBlander, Larry T.; Shaw, John D.; Witt, Chris; Menlove, Jim; Thompson, Michael T.; Morgan, Todd A.; DeRose, R. Justin; Amacher, Michael C. 2010. Utah's forest resources, 2000-2005. Resour. Bull. RMRS-RB-10. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 144 p.
Keywordsinventory methods, forest resources, forest indicators, timber products
- Analysis of conifer mortality in Colorado using Forest Inventory and Analysis's annual forest inventory
- Forests of Maine, 2013
- Tennessee’s forests, 2009
XML: View XML