Skip to Main Content
Genetic transformation of Fraxinus spp. for resistance to the emerald ash borerAuthor(s): Paula M. Pijut; Rochelle R. Beasley; Kaitlin J. Palla
Source: In: Michler, Charles H.; Ginzel, Matthew D., eds. 2010. Proceedings of symposium on ash in North America; 2010 March 9-11; West Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-72. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 18-19.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (101.24 KB)
DescriptionThe emerald ash borer (EAB; Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire) (Coleoptera; Buprestidae) is a wood-boring beetle that poses substantial risk to the ash resource in North America. Ash species native to the United States and known to be susceptible to EAB are Fraxinus pennsylvanica (green ash), F. americana (white ash), and F. nigra (black ash) trees, which are major components of the landscape; and blue ash (F. quadrangulata) and pumpkin ash (F. profunda), which are less common species.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationPijut, Paula M.; Beasley, Rochelle R.; Palla, Kaitlin J. 2010. Genetic transformation of Fraxinus spp for resistance to the emerald ash borer. In: Michler, Charles H.; Ginzel, Matthew D., eds. 2010. Proceedings of symposium on ash in North America; 2010 March 9-11; West Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-72. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 18-19.
- Silvics and silviculture of ash in mixed hardwood forests of the southern bottomlands and loessial hills
- Comparison of emerald ash borer preference for ash of different species, sun exposure, age, and stress treatments in relation to foliar volatiles and nutrition
- Effects of cutting time, stump height, and herbicide application on ash (Fraxinus spp.) stump sprouting and colonization by emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis)
XML: View XML