Skip to Main Content
New records and checklist of corticioid Basidiomycota from UruguayAuthor(s): Sebastian Martinez; Karen K. Nakasone
Source: Mycotaxon. 114: 481-484.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (446.12 KB)
DescriptionTwenty-eight corticioid basidiomycete species are reported from Uruguay for the first time. An annotated checklist with 110 species of corticioid Basidiomycota recorded from Uruguay is presented based on these new records and an intensive literature search. These species are distributed in 49 genera and 10 orders. The order Polyporales is represented by the most species (40) and the genus Phanerochaete has the most species (11). Hjortstamia fuscomarginata, Hyphoderma rimosum, Phlebia lividina, and P. subserialis are recorded for the first time from South America. For the complete checklist see http://www.mycotaxon.com/resources/weblists.html.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationMartinez, Sebastian; Nakasone, Karen K. 2010. New records and checklist of corticioid Basidiomycota from Uruguay. Mycotaxon. 114: 481-484.
Keywordsbiodiversity, Homobasidiomycetes, taxonomy, wood-rot
- New records of interesting corcicioid Basidiomycota from Uraguay
- The genus Phanerochaete (Corticiaceae, Basidiomycotina) sensu lato in Uruguay
- Pissodes castaneus (De Geer, 1775) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae), the bark pine weevil: a pest or a biological indicator?
XML: View XML