Skip to Main Content
Better Building BlocksAuthor(s): Cheryl R. Renner; Terry K. Haines; Margaret A. Reams
Source: Wildfire 19(2):10-16 (March/April)
Publication Series: Other
PDF: Download Publication (196.24 KB)
DescriptionAs researchers for the National Database of State and Local Wildfire Mitigation Programs, we began cataloging programs to reduce wildfire risk on private land in 2001. Over the years, more than 250 programs in 35 states were described at www.wildfireprograms.usda.gov, and we wondered about their relative success. Was there one type of program that wildfire managers would agree was the most effective? Did different programs work for different people in different states?
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRenner, Cheryl R.; Haines, Terry K.; Reams, Margaret A. 2010. Better Building Blocks. Wildfire 19(2):10-16 (March/April)
- Willingness-to-pay function for two fuel treatments to reduce wildfire acreage burned: A scope test and comparison of white and hispanic households
- The national database of wildfire mitigation programs: state, county and local efforts reduce wildfire risk
- The evolution of Smokey Bear: Environmental education about wildfire for youth
XML: View XML