Skip to Main Content
Wood handbook : wood as an engineering materialAuthor(s): Robert J. Ross; Forest Products Laboratory. USDA Forest Service.
Source: USDA Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, General Technical Report FPL- GTR-190, 2010: 509 p. 1 v.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (15.07 MB)
DescriptionSummarizes information on wood as an engineering material. Presents properties of wood and wood-based products of particular concern to the architect and engineer. Includes discussion of designing with wood and wood-based products along with some pertinent uses.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRoss, Robert J. 2010. Wood handbook : wood as an engineering material. Centennial ed. General technical report FPL ; GTR-190. Madison, WI : U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, 2010: 1 v.
KeywordsWood structure, physical properties, mechanical properties, wood properties, lumber, wood-based composites, plywood, panel products, design, fastenings, wood moisture, drying, gluing, fire resistance, finishing, decay, preservation, wood-based products, heat sterilization, sustainable use, sustainability, wood handbooks, handbooks
- Wood handbook : wood as an engineering material.
- Wood as a sustainable building material
- Fire resistance of engineered wood rim board products.
XML: View XML