Skip to Main Content
The Forest Inventory and Analysis Database: Database description and users manual version 4.0 for Phase 2Author(s): Sharon W. Woudenberg; Barbara L. Conkling; Barbara M. O'Connell; Elizabeth B. LaPoint; Jeffery A. Turner; Karen L. Waddell
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-245. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 336 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (0 B)
DescriptionThis document is based on previous documentation of the nationally standardized Forest Inventory and Analysis database (Hansen and others 1992; Woudenberg and Farrenkopf 1995; Miles and others 2001). Documentation of the structure of the Forest Inventory and Analysis database (FIADB) for Phase 2 data, as well as codes and definitions, is provided. Examples for producing population level estimates are also presented. This database provides a consistent framework for storing forest inventory data across all ownerships for the entire United States. These data are available to the public.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWoudenberg, Sharon W.; Conkling, Barbara L.; O'Connell, Barbara M.; LaPoint, Elizabeth B.; Turner, Jeffery A.; Waddell, Karen L. 2010. The Forest Inventory and Analysis database: database description and users manual version 4.0 for Phase 2. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-245. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 336 p.
KeywordsForest Inventory and Analysis, inventory database, users manual, monitoring
- The Forest Inventory and Analysis Database Version 4.0: Database Description and Users Manual for Phase 3
- FIREMON Database
- The forest inventory and analysis database description and users manual version 1.0
XML: View XML