Skip to Main Content
A method for assessing carbon stocks, carbon sequestration, and greenhouse-gas fluxes in ecosystems of the United States under present conditions and future scenariosAuthor(s): Zhiliang Zhu; Brian Bergamaschi; Richard Bernknopf; David Clow; Dennis Dye; Stephen Faulkner; William Forney; Robert Gleason; Todd Hawbaker; Jinxun Liu; Shuguang Liu; Stephen Prisley; Bradley Reed; Matthew Reeves; Matthew Rollins; Benjamin Sleeter; Terry Sohl; Sarah Stackpoole; Stephen Stehman; Robert Striegl; Anne Wein
Source: Scientific Investigations Report 2010-5233. Reston, VA: U.S. Geological Survey. 188 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (11.01 MB)
DescriptionThis methodology was developed to fulfill a requirement by the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA). The EISA legislation mandates the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI) to develop a methodology and conduct an assessment of carbon storage, carbon sequestration, and fluxes of three principal greenhouse gases (GHG) for the Nation's ecosystems. The three principal GHG are carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), and nitrous oxide (N2O).
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZhu, Zhiliang; Bergamaschi, Brian; Bernknopf, Richard; Clow, David; Dye, Dennis; Faulkner, Stephen; Forney, William; Gleason, Robert; Hawbaker, Todd; Liu, Jinxun; Liu, Shuguang; Prisley, Stephen; Reed, Bradley; Reeves, Matthew; Rollins, Matthew; Sleeter, Benjamin; Sohl, Terry; Stackpoole, Sarah; Stehman, Stephen; Striegl, Robert; Wein, Anne. 2010. A method for assessing carbon stocks, carbon sequestration, and greenhouse-gas fluxes in ecosystems of the United States under present conditions and future scenarios. Scientific Investigations Report 2010-5233. Reston, VA: U.S. Geological Survey. 188 p.
Keywordscarbon stocks, carbon sequestration, greenhouse-gas fluxes, ecosystems
- Temporal Considerations of Carbon Sequestration in LCA
- Carbon storage in harvested wood products for Ireland 1961-2009
- Soil carbon accounting and assumptions for forestry and forest-related land use change
XML: View XML