Skip to Main Content
An introduction to the Colorado Plateau Native Plant InitiativeAuthor(s): Wayne Padgett; Peggy Olwell; Scott Lambert
Source: In: Riley, L. E.; Pinto, J. R.; Dumroese, R. K., tech. cords. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2009. Proc. RMRS-P-62. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 8-13.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (327.58 KB)
DescriptionThe Colorado Plateau Ecoregion is occupied by a variety of ecosystems requiring restoration activities following natural and human-caused disturbances. The Colorado Plateau Native Plant Initiative, included in the BLM Native Plant Materials Development Program, was established as a part of the Seeds of Success program. This program is a partnership between USDI Bureau of Land Management, Royal Botanic Gardens (Kew, Richmond, United Kingdom), other federal agencies, and conservation organizations that focus on the collection, conservation, and development of native plant materials for stabilizing, rehabilitating, and restoring lands in the US. Opportunities and challenges for this program have been identified, and the vision, goals, and objectives that address these and more are being incorporated into a 5-year strategy and action plan. Advisory teams and working groups have been identified and their roles outlined in order for the program to reach its goals and objectives for restoring native ecosystems within the Colorado Plateau.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPadgett, Wayne; Olwell, Peggy; Lambert, Scott. 2010. An introduction to the Colorado Plateau Native Plant Initiative. In: Riley, L. E.; Pinto, J. R.; Dumroese, R. K., tech. cords. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2009. Proc. RMRS-P-62. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. p. 8-13.
Keywordsecosystem diversity, native plant materials, native plant seeds, restoration, rehabilitation
- Tamarisk coalition - native riparian plant materials program
- Trial by fire: Restoration of Middle Rio Grande upland ecosystems
- GSD Update: Restoration on the range: Healing America's iconic landscapes
XML: View XML