Skip to Main Content
Chemistry of precipitation, streamwater, and lakewater from the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study: a record of sampling protocols and analytical proceduresAuthor(s): Donald C. Buso; Gene E. Likens; John S. Eaton
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-275. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 52 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
View PDF (1.12 MB)
DescriptionThe Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study (HBES), begun in 1963, is a long-term effort to understand the structure, function and change in forest watersheds and associated aquatic ecosystems at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest in New Hampshire. Chemical analyses of streamwater and precipitation collections began in 1963, and analyses of lakewater collections began in 1967. This publication documents these collection methods, sites, and analytical techniques, providing a complete record to ensure the integrity of HBES data.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBuso, Donald C.; Likens, Gene E.; Eaton, John S. 2000. Chemistry of precipitation, streamwater, and lakewater from the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study: a record of sampling protocols and analytical procedures. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-275. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 52 p.
Keywordsstreamwater, precipitation, lakewater, chemical analyses, quality assurance, collection procedures, New Hampshire
- Hydrometeorological database for Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest: 1955-2000
- Past and future effects of atmospheric deposition on the forest ecosystem at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest: simulations with the dynamic model ForSAFE
- Long-term trends from ecosystem research at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest
XML: View XML