Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Geography, administrative roles, and users of Cimarron National GrasslandAuthor(s): Deborah M. Finch
Source: In: Cable, Ted T.; Seltman, Scott; Cook, Kevin J. Birds of Cimarron National Grassland. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-GTR-281. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. p. 5-8.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (492.95 KB)
DescriptionCimarron NG covers 108,175 acres of prairie and other vegetation types in Morton and Stevens Counties, Kansas. The USDA Forest Service manages the land, its resources, and their uses. Located in the extreme southwestern corner of Kansas, Cimarron NG is associated with the Rocky Mountain Region (Region 2) of the Forest Service. Region 2 also administers the Grand River, Buffalo Gap, and Fort Pierre National Grasslands of South Dakota; Ogalala National Grassland of Nebraska; Thunder Basin National Grassland of Wyoming; Pawnee and Comanche National Grasslands of Colorado; and numerous National Forests in the five-state region.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFinch, Deborah M. 1996. Geography, administrative roles, and users of Cimarron National Grassland. In: Cable, Ted T.; Seltman, Scott; Cook, Kevin J. Birds of Cimarron National Grassland. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-GTR-281. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. p. 5-8.
KeywordsCimarron National Grassland, grasslands, shortgrass prairie, Great Plains, riparian areas, bird watching
- Historical range of variation assessment for wetland and riparian ecosystems, U.S. Forest Service Rocky Mountain Region
- Assessment of grassland ecosystem conditions in the Southwestern United States: Wildlife and fish. Vol. 2
- National forests
XML: View XML