Skip to Main Content
Cherry Creek Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 41Author(s): Reid Schuller; Jennie Sperling; Tim Rodenkirk
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-834. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 24 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (4.52 MB)
DescriptionThis guidebook describes Cherry Creek Research Natural Area, a 239-ha (590-ac) area that supports old-growth Douglas-fir-western hemlock (Pseudotsuga menziesii- Tsuga heterophylla) forest occurring on sedimentary materials in the southern Oregon Coast Range. Major plant associations present within the area include the western hemlock/Oregon oxalis (Oxalis oregana) plant association, the western hemlock/evergreen huckleberry (Vaccinium ovatum) plant association, and the western hemlock/rhododendron-Oregon grape (Rhododendron macrophyllum- Berberis nervosa) plant association. A northern spotted owl population (Strix occidentalis caurina) also uses the area.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchuller, Reid; Sperling, Jennie; Rodenkirk, Tim. 2011. Cherry Creek Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 41. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-834. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 24 p.
KeywordsResearch natural area, area of critical environmental concern, riparian vegetation, old-growth Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii), western hemlock/Oregon oxalis plant association, western hemlock/evergreen huckleberry plant association, western hemlock/rhododendron-Oregon grape plant association, Tsuga heterophylla/Oxalis oregana, Tsuga heterophylla/Vaccinium ovatum, Tsuga heterophylla/Rhododendron macrophyllum-Berberis nervosa plant association, northern spotted owl, Strix occidentalis caurina
- Mohawk Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 45
- North Fork Silver Creek Research Natural Area: guidebook supplement 47
- Responses of southeast Alaska understory species to variation in light and soil environments
XML: View XML