Skip to Main Content
The genus Dendrothele (Agaricales, Basidiomycota) in New ZealandAuthor(s): K.K. Nakasone; H.H. Burdsall
Source: New Zealand Journal of Botany. 49(1): 107-131.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (1005.39 KB)
DescriptionSixteen species of Dendrothele sensu lato are confirmed from New Zealand. Nine new taxa are described: Dendrothele arachispora, D. aucklandica, D. australis, D. cymbiformis, D. leptostachys, D. magnenavicularis, D. navicularis, D. novae-zelandiae and D. subellipsoidea. Ten species were previously reported, but only four are confirmed: D. ampullospora comb. nov., D. biapiculata, D. incrustans and D. pulvinata. Reports of Dendrothele acerina, D. candida, D. commixta and D. nivosa were not confirmed. Furthermore, D. nivosa sensu G. Cunningham and D. corniculata are not true dendrotheles, and D. fasciculata is accepted in Epithele. The new taxa, D. ampullospora, D. biapiculata and D. pulvinata are described and illustrated. A key to Dendrothele s.1. from New Zealand is provided.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNakasone, K.K.; Burdsall, H.H., Jr. 2011. The genus Dendrothele (Agaricales, Basidiomycota) in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Botany. 49(1): 107-131.
KeywordsAcanthophysium, corticioid fungi, Corticium corniculatum, diversity, Epithele fasciculata, Nia clade, southern hemisphere
- Dendrothele griseocana (Corticiaceae) and related taxa with hyphal pegs
- Morphological studies of Dendrothele species from North America
- Hygrophoraceae (Agaricales) of the Greater Antilles : Hygrocybe subgenus Pseudohygrocybe sections Coccineae and Neohygrocybe
XML: View XML