Skip to Main Content
Texas, 2008 forest inventory and analysis factsheetAuthor(s): James Bentley
Source: e-Science Update SRS–031. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Science Update
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (894.39 KB)
DescriptionThis science update summarizes the findings of the first statewide annual inventory conducted by the Southern Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) Program in cooperation with the Texas Forest Service of the forest resource attributes in Texas. The 254 counties of Texas are consolidated into seven FIA survey units—southeast (unit 1), the northeast (unit 2), the north central (unit 3), the south (unit 4), the west central (unit 5), the northwest (unit 6), and the west (unit 7). East Texas is made-up of units 1 and 2, while the central and west Texas consists of units 3 through 7 (fig. 1). This overview represents the period from 2004 to 2008 covering the eighth forest survey of east Texas and 50 percent of the first forest survey for central and west Texas. The 2008 survey provides a complete remeasurement of annual inventory plots for east Texas and the initial establishment of plots in central and west Texas.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBentley, J. 2011. Texas, 2008 forest inventory and analysis factsheet. e-Science Update SRS–031. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 5 p.
- Texas, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- East Texas, 2011 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- East Texas, 2012—Forest Inventory and Analysis Factsheet
XML: View XML