Skip to Main Content
Analysis of potential impacts of climate change on forests of the United States Pacific NorthwestAuthor(s): Gregory Latta; Hailemariam Temesgen; Darius Adams; Tara Barrett
Source: Forest Ecology and Management. 259(4): 720-729
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (4.46 MB)
DescriptionAs global climate changes over the next century, forest productivity is expected to change as well. Using PRISM climate and productivity data measured on a grid of 3356 plots, we developed a simultaneous autoregressive model to estimate the impacts of climate change on potential productivity of Pacific Northwest forests of the United States. The model, coupled with climate change output from four generalized circulation models, was used to predict the productivity impacts of four different scenarios derived from the fourth Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change special report on emissions, representing different future economic and environmental states of the world. For managers and policy-makers. The results suggest the relative magnitude of effects and the potential variability of impacts across a range of climate scenarios.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLatta, Gregory; Temesgen, Hailemariam; Adams, Darius; Barrett, Tara. 2010. Analysis of potential impacts of climate change on forests of the United States Pacific Northwest. Forest Ecology and Management. 259(4): 720-729.
Keywordsmapping climate change, mean annual increment, simultaneous autoregressive model, site class
- A spatial model for predicting effects of climate change on swiss needle cast disease severity in Pacific Northwest forests
- Climate change effects on vegetation in the Pacific Northwest: a review and synthesis of the scientific literature and simulation model projections
- Predicting landscape sensitivity to present and future floods in the Pacific Northwest, USA
XML: View XML