Skip to Main Content
Long-term monitoring sites and trends at the Marcell Experimental Forest. Chapter 2.Author(s): Stephen D. Sebestyen; Carrie Dorrance; Donna M. Olson; Elon S. Verry; Randall K. Kolka; Art E. Elling; Richard Kyllander
Source: In: Kolka, Randall K.; Sebestyen, Stephen D.; Verry, Elon S.; Brooks,Kenneth N., eds. Peatland biogeochemistry and watershed hydrology at the Marcell Experimental Forest. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press: 15-71.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (959.71 KB)
DescriptionThe MEF is one of few long-term research programs on the hydrology and ecology of undrained peatlands in boreal forests. No other site in the Experimental Forest and Range Network of the Forest Service and few sites around the globe have studied the hydrology and biogeochemistry of peatland watersheds with the intensity or longevity as on the MEF. In this chapter, we describe the research sites, report long-term data collected at the MEF, and discuss emerging trends.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSebestyen, Stephen D.; Dorrance, Carrie; Olson, Donna M.; Verry, Elon S.; Kolka, Randall K.; Elling, Art E.; Kyllander, Richard. 2011. Long-term monitoring sites and trends at the Marcell Experimental Forest. In: Kolka, Randall K.; Sebestyen, Stephen D.; Verry, Elon S.; Brooks,Kenneth N., eds. Peatland biogeochemistry and watershed hydrology at the Marcell Experimental Forest. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press: 15-71.
- Hydrological responses to changes in forest cover on uplands and peatlands. Chapter 13.
- Effects of watershed experiments on water chemistry at the Marcell Experimental Forest. Chapter 14.
- Establishing the Marcell Experimental Forest: Threads in time. Chapter 1.
XML: View XML