Skip to Main Content
Foresters' Metric Conversions program (version 1.0). [Computer program]Author(s): Jefferson A. Palmer
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-260. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agricultue, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. [1 computer disk (31/2 in.)]
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (17.56 KB)
DescriptionThe conversion of scientific measurements has become commonplace in the fields of - engineering, research, and forestry. Foresters? Metric Conversions is a Windows-based computer program that quickly converts user-defined measurements from English to metric and from metric to English. Foresters? Metric Conversions was derived from the publication "Metric Conversions for Foresters," by Edwin S. Miyata, Helmuth M. Steinhilb, and Lynne A. Coyer, USDA Forest Service, North Central Forest Experiment Station, St. Paul, Minnesota (originally published in 1981).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPalmer, Jefferson A. 1999. Foresters'' Metric Conversions program (version 1.0). [Computer program]. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-260. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agricultue, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. [1 computer disk (31/2 in.)]
- Reineke’s stand density index: a quantitative and non-unitless measure of stand density
- The microcomputer scientific software series 9: user's guide to Geo-CLM: geostatistical interpolation of the historical climatic record in the Lake States.
- Forest Fire Prevention Programs and Their Evaluation In U.S. Forest Service Region 8
XML: View XML