Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Annotated bibliography on forest practices legislation related to water qualityAuthor(s): Neil K. Huyler; David McMath; Daphne Hewitt
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-258. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 9 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (67.91 KB)
DescriptionIncludes annotated citations of literature on forest practices regulations related to all aspects of water quality protection. The bibliography is divided into three sections: 1) Water quality protection during timber harvesting; 2) Methods for assessing the costs and benefits of water quality protection; and 3) Effectiveness of regulatory programs in protecting water quality.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHuyler, Neil K.; McMath, David; Hewitt, Daphne. 1999. Annotated bibliography on forest practices legislation related to water quality. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-258. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 9 p.
Keywordswater quality, forest regulations, timber harvesting, forest management
- Forestry best management practices relationships with aquatic and riparian fauna: A review
- Managing Water Quality in Wetlands with Foresty BMP's
- A century of lessons about water resources in northeastern forests
XML: View XML