Skip to Main Content
An annotated genetic map of loblolly pine based on microsatellite and cDNA markersAuthor(s): Craig S. Echt; Surya Saha; Konstantin V. Krutovsky; Kokulapalan Wimalanathan; John E. Erpelding; Chun Liang; C Dana Nelson
Source: BMC Genetics 12(17):1-16
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: Download Publication (378.15 KB)
DescriptionPrevious loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) genetic linkage maps have been based on a variety of DNA polymorphisms, such as AFLPs, RAPDs, RFLPs, and ESTPs, but only a few SSRs (simple sequence repeats), also known as simple tandem repeats or microsatellites, have been mapped in P. taeda. The objective of this study was to integrate a large set of SSR markers from a variety of sources and published cDNA markers into a composite P. taeda genetic map constructed from two reference mapping pedigrees. A dense genetic map that incorporates SSR loci will benefit complete pine genome sequencing, pine population genetics studies, and pine breeding programs. Careful marker annotation using a variety of references further enhances the utility of the integrated SSR map.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEcht, Craig S.; Saha, Surya; Krutovsky, Konstantin V.; Wimalanathan, Kokulapalan; Erpelding, John E.; Liang, Chun; Nelson, C Dana. 2011. An annotated genetic map of loblolly pine based on microsatellite and cDNA markers. BMC Genetics 12(17):1-16.
- Loblolly pine SSR markers for shortleaf pine genetics
- Cross-species transferability and mapping of genomic and cDNA SSRs in pines
- Microsatellite DNA in genomic survey sequences and UniGenes of loblolly pine
XML: View XML