Skip to Main Content
Organisms of the Hubbard Brook Valley, New HampshireAuthor(s): Richard T. Holmes; Gene E. Likens
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-257. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 32 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (173.08 KB)
DescriptionLists the organisms, both plant and animal, that have been identified by scientists engaged in multidisciplinary ecological research in the Hubbard Brook Valley, New Hampshire, during the past three decades. The Valley encompasses the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, Mirror Lake, and nearby areas within the White Mountain region of Grafton County. The species lists included in this report are relatively complete for vascular plants, amphibians, birds, fish, mammals, phytoplankton, and zooplankton, and partially complete for insects, molluscs, and nonvascular plants.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationHolmes, Richard T.; Likens, Gene E. 1999. Organisms of the Hubbard Brook Valley, New Hampshire. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-257. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 32 p.
Keywordsbiodiversit, northern hardwoods, ecosystem studies, watersheds, Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, Mirror Lake, streams
- Chemistry of precipitation, streamwater, and lakewater from the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study: a record of sampling protocols and analytical procedures
- Long-term trends from ecosystem research at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest
- Hydrometeorological database for Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest: 1955-2000
XML: View XML