Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
A battery-operated pilot balloon time-signal generatorAuthor(s): Ralph H. Moltzau
Source: Res. Note PSW-RN-107. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 8 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (3.38 MB)
DescriptionDescribes the design and construction of a 1-pound, battery-operated, time-signal transmitter, which is usable with portable radio or field telephone circuits for synchronizing multi-theodolite observation of pilot balloons.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoltzau, Ralph H., Jr. 1966. A battery-operated pilot balloon time-signal generator. Res. Note PSW-RN-107. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 8 p
- Forest recreation research at the Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station
- The search for forest facts: a history of the Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station, 19262000
- Experimental forests and ranges. Field research facilities of the Pacific Southwest Research Station.
XML: View XML