Skip to Main Content
U.S. Forest Service
Caring for the land and serving people

United States Department of Agriculture

Home > Search > Publication Information

  1. Share via EmailShare on FacebookShare on LinkedInShare on Twitter
    Dislike this pubLike this pub
    Author(s): Robert F. Scharpf; J.R. Parmeter
    Date: 1966
    Source: Res. Note PSW-RN-105. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 6 p
    Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
    Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
    PDF: View PDF  (2.49 MB)

    Description

    Dwarfmistletoe on red fir in California can be aged rapidly and reliably by counting the number of annual rings showing swelling and then adding 1 year for the lag period between infection and swelling. Infections were correctly aged in 70 percent of the cases observed, and were aged to within 1 year in the other 30 percent.

    Publication Notes

    • You may send email to psw_communications@fs.fed.us to request a hard copy of this publication.
    • (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
    • We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
    • This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.

    Citation

    Scharpf, Robert F.; Parmeter, J.R., Jr. 1966. Determining the age of dwarfmistletoe infections on red fir. Res. Note PSW-RN-105. Berkeley, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 6 p

    Related Search


    XML: View XML
Show More
Show Fewer
Jump to Top of Page
https://www.fs.usda.gov/treesearch/pubs/38015