Skip to Main Content
User's guide to UGRS: the Ultimate Grading and Remanufacturing System (version 5.0).Author(s): John Moody; Charles J. Gatchell; Elizabeth S. Walker; Powsiri Klinkhachorn
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-254. Radnor PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 40 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (4.53 MB)
DescriptionThe Ultimate Grading and Remanufacturing System (UGRS) is the latest generation of advanced computer programs for lumber grading. It is designed to be a training and research tool that allows grading of lumber according to 1998 NHLA rules and remanufacturing for maximum dollar value. A 32-bit application that runs under all Microsoft Windows operating systems, UGRS provides a sophisticated graphical user interfaces that shows the board and includes all defects and cuttings, grading information, the remanufactured board, and final results. Potential application include online evaluation of lumber grades, research on the effects of grading rules on lumber grades and dollar value, training of graders, and studies of yield optimization and the potential value of lumber due to remanufacturing operation.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoody, John; Gatchell, Charles J.; Walker, Elizabeth S.; Klinkhachorn, Powsiri. 1998. User''s guide to UGRS: the Ultimate Grading and Remanufacturing System (version 5.0). Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-254. Radnor PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 40 p.
Keywordslumber, grading, computer software, yield optimization
- An introduction to UGRS: the ultimate grading and remanufacturing system
- Some implications of remanufacturing hardwood lumber
- Increasing Hardwood Lumber Recovery and Value at the Edger and Trimmer
XML: View XML