Skip to Main Content
Russian and Ukrainian literature on the gypsy moth: an annotated bibliographyAuthor(s): Yuri N Baranchikov; Galina N. Nikitenko; Michael E. Montgomery
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-253. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 166 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (12.01 MB)
DescriptionThis bibliography contains 1185 references to literature on the gypsy moth published from 1837 to 1991 in the territory occupied by the former U.S.S.R. The bibliography is designed to assist researchers within and outside the former U.S.S.R. to identify, locate, and correctly cite the original Russian or Ukrainian references in English. The bibliography contains publications on gypsy moth ecology, physiology, biochemistry, distribution, behavior, and control. The bibliography also presents indices of key words and natural enemies are cross-referenced to the citations. Introductory remarks give information on locating gypsy moth and other literature in libraries of the former U.S.S.R., bibliographic styles used in the U.S.S.R., transliteration of the Cyrillic alphabet to the Latin alphabet, and a listing of Soviet and pre-Soviet journals with papers on forest entomology and forest protection.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBaranchikov, Yuri N; Nikitenko, Galina N.; Montgomery, Michael E. 1998. Russian and Ukrainian literature on the gypsy moth: an annotated bibliography. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-253. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 166 p.
KeywordsLymantria dispar, biblography, population dynamics
- Gypsy moth larval necropsy guide
- Geographic isolates of Lymantria dispar multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus: Genome sequence analysis and pathogenicity against European and Asian gypsy moth strains
- An insect out of control? The potential for spread and establishment of the gypsy moth in new forest areas in the United States
XML: View XML