Skip to Main Content
JEFI: a cash flow analysis program (Version 3.0 for Windows). [Computer program].Author(s): Bruce Hansen; Jeff Palmer
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-252. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. [l computer disk (3 l/2 in.)].
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (232.42 KB)
DescriptionJEFFI/3 is a Windows-version of JEFFI/2. The differences between the two versions are the new interface, an investment term of 1 to 30 years (instead of 4 to 30), and a rich set of detailed online help documents. JEFFI/3 still retains a number of unique features of JEFFII2 related to treatment of the final year cash flows, depreciation, working capital, and derivation of a discount rate. Like its predecessor, JEFFli3 is designed to provide a quick, first look at investment potential. JEFFI/3 still retains the Simplicity of earlier versions while generating sophisticated measures of financial performance. It provides both discounted (net present value, internal rate of return) and undiscounted (payback period) measure of investment performance. It also provides separate performance measures for returns to the overall investment and for returns to equity investors only. The latter gives explicit recognition to debt repayment (principal and interest) and returns to equity investors.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHansen, Bruce; Palmer, Jeff. 1998. JEFI: a cash flow analysis program (Version 3.0 for Windows). [Computer program]. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-252. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. [l computer disk (3 l/2 in.)].
Keywordscomputer software, JEFI, investment
- A computer program for evaluating long-term forestry investments.
- NCRETURN Computer Program for Evaluating Investments Revised to Provide Additional Information
- The Optimal Forest Rotation: A Discussion and Annotated Bibliography
XML: View XML