Skip to Main Content
Minnesota's Forests 2008Author(s): Patrick D. Miles; David Heinzen; Manfred E. Mielke; Christopher W. Woodall; Brett J. Butler; Ron J. Piva; Dacia M. Meneguzzo; Charles H. Perry; Dale D. Gormanson; Charles J. Barnett
Source: Bull. NRS-50. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northen Research Station. 67 p. [DVD included].
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (26.55 MB)
DescriptionThe second full annual inventory of Minnesota's forests reports 17 million acres of forest land with an average volume of more than 1,000 cubic feet per acre. Forest land is dominated by the aspen forest type, which occupies nearly 30 percent of the total forest land area. Twenty-eight percent of forest land consists of sawtimber, 35 percent poletimber, 35 percent sapling/seedlings, and 2 percent is nonstocked. Additional forest attribute and forest health information is presented along with information on agents of change including changing land use patterns and the introduction of nonnative plants, insects, and disease. Detailed information on forest inventory methods, data quality estimates, and important resource statistics can be found on the Statistics and Quality Assurance DVD included in this report.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiles, Patrick D.; Heinzen, David; Mielke, Manfred E.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Butler, Brett J.; Piva, Ron J.; Meneguzzo, Dacia M.; Perry, Charles H.; Gormanson, Dale D.; Barnett, Charles J. 2011. Minnesota's Forests 2008. Resour. Bull. NRS-50. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northen Research Station. 67 p. [DVD included].
Keywordsinventory, forest statistics, forest health
XML: View XML