Skip to Main Content
Carbon storage in forests and peatlands of RussiaAuthor(s): V.A. Alexeyev; R.A. Birdsey; [Editors]
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-244. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 137 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (851.55 KB)
DescriptionContains information about carbon storage in the vegetation, soils, and peatlands of Russia. Estimates of carbon storage in forests are derived from statistical data from the 1988 national forest inventory of Russia and from other sources. Methods are presented for converting data on timber stock into phytomass of tree stands, and for estimating carbon storage in forest soils and peatlands in Russia's administrative territories and natural ecoregions. Also included is information on the timber stock of Russia's primary tree species and phytomass of forest vegetation, mortmass, and peat.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlexeyev, V.A.; Birdsey, R.A.; [Editors] 1998. Carbon storage in forests and peatlands of Russia. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-244. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 137 p.
Keywordscarbon storage, forests, peatlands, forest inventory, Russia, phytomass, ecoregions
- Carbon pools and productivity in a 1-km2 heterogeneous forest and peatland mosaic in Minnesota, USA
- An appraisal of Indonesia's immense peat carbon stock using national peatland maps: uncertainties and potential losses from conversion
- Peatland carbon stocks and accumulation rates in the Ecuadorian páramo
XML: View XML