Skip to Main Content
NEWILD (version 1.0) user's manual [Computer program]Author(s): Scott A. Thomasma; Linda Ebel Thomasma; Mark J. Twery
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-242. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 28 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (2.0 MB)
DescriptionThe user's manual describes the use of the NEWILD computer program. NEWILD is software developed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Northeastern Research Station as part of the NED project, and ongoing effort to develop software tools to support Ecosystem Management decision making. NEWILD can be used to determine which of the 338 species of vertebrates in New England may be found in particular habitats, or which habitats are preferred or utilized by a particular species of wildlife. The object of this program is to assist in the access and evaluation of the information presented in the Species/Habitat matrices developed by Richard DeGraaf, Deborah Rudis, Mariko Yamasaki, William Leak, and John Lanier (GTR-NE-108, GTR-NE-144). Some of the text from these publications have been incorporated into the hypertext portion of this program. NEWILD was designed for use in conjunction with these publications. A diskette containing the NEWILD program is included with this manual. The program requires Windows 3.1 or later to operate.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationThomasma, Scott A.; Thomasma, Linda Ebel; Twery, Mark J. 1998. NEWILD (version 1.0) user''s manual [Computer program]. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-242. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 28 p.
- User's guide to SILVAH
- NEDLite user's manual: forest inventory for Palm OS handheld computers
- Microcomputer software for calculating the western Oregon elk habitat effectiveness index.
XML: View XML