Skip to Main Content
Influencing woodland management using web-based technologyAuthor(s): William R. Thomas; Jeffrey W. Stringer
Source: In: Fei, Songlin; Lhotka, John M.; Stringer, Jeffrey W.; Gottschalk, Kurt W.; Miller, Gary W., eds. Proceedings, 17th central hardwood forest conference; 2010 April 5-7; Lexington, KY; Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-78. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 671-672.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (50.43 KB)
DescriptionThe University of Kentucky, Department of Forestry Extension delivered hosted Web-based forestry educational programs ("webinars") in 2009 to promote woodland management in Kentucky and engage county extension agents in forestry programming. These webinars were hosted by county extension agents and attended by woodland owners. This hosted webinar approach was intended to engage county agents in forestry programming, provide forestry programs for owners who manage their woodlands, reach non-managing woodland owners or those who may not attend traditional forestry field days, and use Web-based technology to deliver forestry educational programs. Participant responses indicated a high degree of acceptance of this programming approach with strong intentions to apply the knowledge gained. Increased extension agent involvement in forestry educational programming may prove the most valuable outcome of this programming effort.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationThomas, William R.; Stringer, Jeffrey W. 2011. Influencing woodland management using web-based technology. In: Fei, Songlin; Lhotka, John M.; Stringer, Jeffrey W.; Gottschalk, Kurt W.; Miller, Gary W., eds. Proceedings, 17th central hardwood forest conference; 2010 April 5-7; Lexington, KY; Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-78. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 671-672.
Finding effective ways to provide knowledge to forest managers about non-timber forest products: a case-study of distance learning approaches
- A resurvey of oak woodland landowners: 1985, 1992, and 2004
- Where farm and forest meet: Comparing National Woodland Owner Survey respondents with and without farmland
XML: View XML