Proceedings of the 15th wildland shrub symposium; June 17-19, 2008; Bozeman, MTAuthor(s): Carl L. Wambolt; Stanley G. Kitchen; Michael R. Fisina; Bok Sowell; Richard B. Keigley; Patsy Palacios; Jill Robinson
Source: Natural Resources and Environmental Issues. 16. 292 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (12.55 MB)
DescriptionThe 35 papers in this proceedings are divided into four sections; the first includes an introduction to the symposium theme of Shrublands as wildlands and wildlife habitat, along with keynote addresses discussing geographic affiliations of eastern Montana's "great Plains Flora" and methodology for surveying mule deer winter range habitat use and condition. The next two sections cluster papers on wildlife habitat and ecological relationships. These sections provide a diverse sampling of topics examining the nature and impacts of intra- and inter-trophic relationships among plants and associated species of western North American shrublands. Papers in the final section present assessments of various sampling and monitoring methodologies applicable to shrublands.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWambolt, Carl L.; Kitchen, Stanley G.; Fisina, Michael R.; Sowell, Bok; Keigley, Richard B.; Palacios, Patsy; Robinson, Jill, comps. 2011. Proceedings of the 15th wildland shrub symposium; June 17-19, 2008; Bozeman, MT. Natural Resources and Environmental Issues. 16. 292 p.
Keywordswildland shrubs, sagebrush, herbivory, browsing, fire, monitoring
- Proceedings: Shrubland dynamics -- fire and water
- Wildlife habitats in managed rangelandsthe Great Basin of southeastern Oregon: management practices and options.
- Proceedings of the 16th Wildland Shrub Symposium: Threats to Shrubland Ecosystem Integrity; 2010 May 18-20 Logan, UT
XML: View XML