Skip to Main Content
Managing carbon sequestration and storage in northern hardwood forestsAuthor(s): Eunice A. Padley; Deahn M. Donner; Karin S. Fassnacht; Ronald S. Zalesny; Bruce Birr; Karl J. Martin
Source: In: Challenges of managing for early successional forests and associated species. SE and SW chapters of The Wisconsin Society of American Foresters & The Wisconsin Chapter of the Wildlife Society; 2011 March 1-3; Wisconsin Dells, WI: 37. Poster abstract.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (149.06 KB)
DescriptionCarbon has an important role in sustainable forest management, contributing to functions that maintain site productivity, nutrient cycling, and soil physical properties. Forest management practices can alter ecosystem carbon allocation as well as the amount of total site carbon.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPadley, Eunice A.; Donner, Deahn M.; Fassnacht, Karin S.; Zalesny, Ronald S.; Birr, Bruce; Martin, Karl J. 2011. Managing carbon sequestration and storage in northern hardwood forests. In: Challenges of managing for early successional forests and associated species. SE and SW chapters of The Wisconsin Society of American Foresters & The Wisconsin Chapter of the Wildlife Society; 2011 March 1-3; Wisconsin Dells, WI: 37. Poster abstract.
- Management impacts on forest floor and soil organic carbon in northern temperate forests of the US
- Long-term management impacts on carbon storage in Lake States forests
- The impact of traditional fire management on soil carbon and nitrogen pools in a montane forest, southern Ethiopia
XML: View XML