Skip to Main Content
Two new diterpene phenols from Calocedrus decurransAuthor(s): Sheeba Veluthoor; Shujun Li; Rick G. Kelsey; Marc C. Dolan; Nicholas A. Panella; Joe Karchesy
Source: Natural Product Communications. 5(4): 519-522
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.28 MB)
DescriptionTwo new p-cymene based diphenols (1-2) were isolated from the heartwood of Calocedrus decurrans. Structures were elucidated by 1D and 2D NMR techniques and HRMS. Libocedroquinone (3) was also isolated as a natural product for the first time. A new system of nomenclature is proposed for description of such oligomeric p-cymene derivatives.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationVeluthoor, Sheeba; Li, Shujun; Kelsey, Rick G.; Dolan, Marc C.; Panella, Nicholas A.; Karchesy, Joe. 2010. Two new diterpene phenols from Calocedrus decurrans. Natural Product Communications. 5(4): 519-522.
KeywordsCalocedrus decurrans, Cupressaceae, diterpenes, p-cymene derivatives
- Composition of the heartwood essential oil of incense cedar (Calocedrus decurrens Torr.)
- Bird foraging on incense-cedar and incense-cedar scale during winter in California
- Pecky rot in incense-cedar: evaluation of five scaling methods.
XML: View XML