Skip to Main Content
Climate Project Screening ToolAuthor(s): Forest Service U.S. Department of Agriculture
Source: Short Subjects from SAP 4.4 National Forests, No. 4. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (560.99 KB)
DescriptionClimate change poses a challenge for resource managers as they review current management practices. Adaptation is a critical means of addressing climate change in the near future because, due to inherent time lags in climate impacts, the effects of increased atmospheric greenhouse gases will be felt for decades even if effective mitigation begins now. To address the impacts of climate change, land managers need techniques for incorporating adaptation into ongoing or pending projects. Here we present a new tool for integrating climate change considerations into project planning. We designed the Climate Project Screening Tool (CPST) as part of the Westwide Climate Initiative (WWCI), a joint project of the three western Forest Service research stations whose goal was to cultivate science/management partnerships that would develop adaptation options for addressing climate change.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationU.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 2011. Climate Project Screening Tool. Short Subjects from SAP 4.4 National Forests, No. 4. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 4 p.
Keywordsclimate change, Climate Project Screening Tool, CPST
- Climate project screening tool: an aid for climate change adaptation
- Integrating climate change considerations into forest management tools and training
- Adaptive silviculture for climate change: a national experiment in manager-scientist partnerships to apply an adaptation framework
XML: View XML