Skip to Main Content
Housing and the wood industry, trends & market conditionsAuthor(s): Urs Buehlmann; Matt Bumgardner; Al Schuler; K. Koenig
Source: Wood & Wood Products. July: 24-29.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.22 MB)
DescriptionHousing markets continue to have major impacts on the secondary wood industry. So, what are the steps being taken by wood products manufacturers in order to stay viable? As a follow-up to last year's article, "Housing Market's Impact on the Secondary Woodworking Industry" (Wood & Wood Products, July 2010), the focus of this year's study was to update trends in the industry and discern what has changed in terms of industry performance, market conditions, and the actions being taken by secondary firms to remain profitable. The study was a joint product of Virginia Tech, the USDA Forest Service, and Wood & Wood Products. Three hundred and twenty-five woodworking professionals participated in the online study, spanning wood products manufacturing industries integrally connected with the housing market: cabinet manufacturing, fixtures and millwork, furniture and components.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBuehlmann, Urs; Bumgardner, Matt; Schuler, Al; Koenig, K. 2011. Housing and the wood industry, trends & market conditions. Wood & Wood Products. July: 24-29.
- Housing trends & impacts on wood products manufacturing
- Housing & woodworking: latest trends & impacts
- Woodworking & housing: Positive trends and actions
XML: View XML