Skip to Main Content
The phylogenetic position of an Armillaria species from Amami-Oshima, a subtropical island of Japan, based on elongation factor and ITS sequencesAuthor(s): Yuko Ota; Mee-Sook Kim; Hitoshi Neda; Ned B. Klopfenstein; Eri Hasegawa
Source: Mycoscience. 52: 53-58.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (257.67 KB)
DescriptionAn undetermined Armillaria species was collected on Amami-Oshima, a subtropical island of Japan. The phylogenetic position of the Armillaria sp. was determined using sequences of the elongation factor-1a (EF-1a) gene and the internal transcribed spacer (ITS) region (ITS1-5.8S-ITS2) of ribosomal DNA (rDNA). The phylogenetic analyses based on EF-1a and ITS sequences showed that this species differs from known Japanese taxa of Armillaria. The sequences of this species and A. novaezelandiae from Southeast Asia were contained in a strongly supported clade, which was adjacent to a well-supported sister clade containing A. novae-zelandiae from Australia and New Zealand.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOta, Yuko; Kim, Mee-Sook; Neda, Hitoshi; Klopfenstein, Ned B.; Hasegawa, Eri. 2011. The phylogenetic position of an Armillaria species from Amami-Oshima, a subtropical island of Japan, based on elongation factor and ITS sequences. Mycoscience. 52: 53-58.
KeywordsArmillaria fuscipes, Armillaria novaezelandiae
- Initial characterization of unidentified Armillaria isolate from Serbia using LSU-IGS1 and TEF-1a genes
- Insights into the phylogeny of Northern Hemisphere Armillaria: Neighbor-net and Bayesian analyses of translation elongation factor 1-α gene sequences
- DNA-based identification and phylogeny of North American Armillaria species
XML: View XML