Skip to Main Content
Mississippi, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheetAuthor(s): S.N. Oswalt; J. Bentley
Source: e-Science Update SRS–037. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Science Update
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (821.11 KB)
DescriptionThis science update provides an overview of forest resources in Mississippi based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Southern Research Station in cooperation with the Mississippi Forestry Commission. This update compares data from the periodic 2006 survey (field dates 2005 to 2007) with 2010 annualized data. The 2010 annualized data is comprised of 70 percent of the 2006 data and 30 percent new data (collected from 2009 to 2010) to form a “moving average.” Growth, removals, and mortality estimates are based only on data collected in 2009 and 2010, or 30 percent of the potential sample plots across the State.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOswalt, S.N.; Bentley, J. 2011. Mississippi, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet. e-Science Update SRS–037. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p.
- Louisiana, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- Mississippi, 2011 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
- North Carolina, 2010 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
XML: View XML