Skip to Main Content
Missouri's forests 2008Author(s): Gus Raeker; W. Keith Moser; Brett J. Butler; John Fleming; Dale D. Gormanson; Mark H. Hansen; Cassandra M. Kurtz; Patrick D. Miles; Mike Morris; Thomas B. Treiman
Source: Resour. Bull. NRS-54. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 55 p. [DVD included].
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (20.04 MB)
DescriptionThe second full annual inventory of Missouri's forests (2004-2008) reports more than 15 million acres of forest land, almost all of which is timberland (98 percent), with an average volume of more than 1,117 cubic feet of growing stock per acre. White oak and black oak are the most abundant in terms of live tree volume. Eighty-three percent of the State's forest land is owned by private landowners. This report includes additional information on forest attributes, land use change, carbon, timber products,climate change, forest health, and the role of fire. A DVD included in this report includes 1) descriptive information on methods, statistics, and quality assurance of data collection, 2) a glossary of terms, 3) tables that summarize quality assurance, 4) a core set of tabular estimates for a variety of forest resources, and 5) a Microsoft Access database that represents an archive of data used in this report, with tools that allow users to produce customized estimates.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRaeker, Gus; Moser, W. Keith; Butler, Brett J.; Fleming, John; Gormanson, Dale D.; Hansen, Mark H.; Kurtz, Cassandra M.; Miles, Patrick D.; Morris, Mike; Treiman, Thomas B. 2011. Missouri's forests 2008. Resour. Bull. NRS-54. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 55 p. [DVD included].
Keywordsinventory, forest statistics, forest land, volume, biomass, carbon, growth, forest health
XML: View XML