Skip to Main Content
Transcriptome sequencing, characterization, and polymorphism detection in subspecies of big sagebrush (Artemisa tridentata)Author(s): Prabin Bajgain
Source: Provo, UT: Brigham Young University. p. 54. Thesis.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.38 MB)
DescriptionBig sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata) is one of the ecologically most important shrub species in western North America. The species serves as a major source of food and habitat for the nearthreatened sage grouse and various other fauna. Habitat loss due to a combination of disturbances followed by establishment of invasive plant species is considered as a serious threat to sustainability of big sagebrush ecosystem. Because of its importance, restoration of this species is very crucial to those dependent on big sagebrush community. However, restoration of big sagebrush carried out by using diverse seed source can lead to imbalance and degradation in the native ecosystem. Therefore, restoration works aided by understanding of adaptive traits of big sagebrush using molecular markers will likely lead to successful restoration. The major objective of this research was to create substantial amount of nuclear sequence data and identify markers that can be used in future studies in big sagebrush.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBajgain, Prabin. 2011. Transcriptome sequencing, characterization, and polymorphism detection in subspecies of big sagebrush (Artemisa tridentata). Provo, UT: Brigham Young University. p. 54. Thesis.
Keywordsbig sagebrush, Artemisia tridentata, nuclear sequence data
- Seeding considerations in restoring big sagebrush habitat
- Transcriptome characterization and polymorphism detection between subspecies of big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata)
- Restoring Wyoming big sagebrush
XML: View XML