Skip to Main Content
A Review of Dendroctonus frontalis Zimmermann SystematicsAuthor(s): Anthony I. Cognato
Source: In: Coulson, R.N.; Klepzig, K.D. 2011. Southern Pine Beetle II. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-140. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 7-12.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.56 MB)
DescriptionThe systematic history of the southern pine beetle, Dendroctonus frontalis Zimmermann, is reviewed. Morphological, biological, karyological, and molecular data clearly define and diagnose the species limits of D. frontalis. More complete phylogenetic analysis and characterization of population genetic variation will further clarify the evolutionary history of the D. frontalis.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCognato, Anthony I. 2011. A Review of Dendroctonus frontalis Zimmermann Systematics. In: Coulson, R.N.; Klepzig, K.D. 2011. Southern Pine Beetle II. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-140. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 7-12.
Keywordsdiagnostic characters, molecular phylogeny, Scolytidae, southern pine beetle, taxonomy
- Southern Pine Bark Beetle Guild
- Mississippi's comprehensive program for southern pine beetle prevention Extension Forestry's role and economic contribution
- Antiserum Preparation For Immunodiffusion In Southern Pine Beetle Predation Studies
XML: View XML