Skip to Main Content
Transcriptome characterization and polymorphism detection between subspecies of big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata)Author(s): Prabin Bajgain; Bryce A. Richardson; Jared C. Price; Richard C. Cronn; Joshua A. Udall
Source: BMC Genomics. 12: 370.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (727.73 KB)
DescriptionBig sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata) is one of the most widely distributed and ecologically important shrub species in western North America. This species serves as a critical habitat and food resource for many animals and invertebrates. Habitat loss due to a combination of disturbances followed by establishment of invasive plant species is a serious threat to big sagebrush ecosystem sustainability. Lack of genomic data has limited our understanding of the evolutionary history and ecological adaptation in this species. Here, we report on the sequencing of expressed sequence tags (ESTs) and detection of single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) and simple sequence repeat (SSR) markers in subspecies of big sagebrush.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBajgain, Prabin; Richardson, Bryce A.; Price, Jared C.; Cronn, Richard C.; Udall, Joshua A. 2011. Transcriptome characterization and polymorphism detection between subspecies of big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata). BMC Genomics. 12: 370.
Keywordsbig sagebrush, Artemisia tridentata, genomic data, expressed sequence tags (ESTs), single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP), simple sequence repeat (SSR)
- Big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata) communities: Ecology, importance and restoration potential
- Seeding considerations in restoring big sagebrush habitat
- Transcriptome sequencing, characterization, and polymorphism detection in subspecies of big sagebrush (Artemisa tridentata)
XML: View XML