Skip to Main Content
Balance de carbono en un bosque novedoso de Castilla elastica: resultados preliminaresAuthor(s): Ariel E. Lugo; Jessica Fonseca da Silva; Alejandra María Sáez Uribe
Source: Acta Científica. 22(1-3): 13-27
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: International Institute of Tropical Forestry
PDF: View PDF (1.69 MB)
DescriptionDuring June 17 and 18, 2008, a Castilla elastica forest located in El Tallonal, municipality of Arecibo, functioned as a carbon sink. The net photosynthetic rate ranged from 14.28 (native species) and 21.96 (C. elastica) g C m-1 day-1 and respiration of leaves, stems, and soil varied from 13.76 (native species) and 16.88 (C. elastica) g C m-1 day-1. The net accumulation of carbon in the forest ranged from 0.52 (native species) and 5.08 (C. elastica) g C m-1 day-1. These values may change significantly during days with low rates of photosynthesis and depending on how respiration rates in soil and stems vary.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLugo, Ariel E.; da Silva, Jessica Fonseca; Sáez Uribe, Alejandra María. 2008. Balance de carbono en un bosque novedoso de Castilla elastica: resultados preliminares. Acta Científica. 22(1-3): 13-27.
Keywordsnovel forests, Puerto Rico, Castilla elastica, carbon balance
- Species composition, diversity and structure of novel forests of Castilla elastica in Puerto Rico
- Dynamics of novel forests of Castilla elastica in Puerto Rico: from species to ecosystems
- Densidad de artrópodos activos en la superficie del suelo de un bosque novedoso de Castilla elastica
XML: View XML