Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Leadership development - trial by fireAuthor(s): James Saveland
Source: Presented at Living with Fire: Addressing Global Change through Integrated Fire Management; 5th International Wildland Fire Conference; 9-13 May 2011; Sun City, South Africa. 1 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (281.7 KB)
DescriptionThe postmodern world is still struggling to blossom and flower. Organizations and their leaders often seem to be locked into Newtonian-Cartesian mechanistic worldviews, first wave behaviorism, and positivism. The theory and practice of servant-leadership, resilient leadership and adaptive leadership informed by psychology provide a way to address increasing levels of complexity in a postmodern world.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationSaveland, James. 2011. Leadership development - trial by fire. Presented at Living with Fire: Addressing Global Change through Integrated Fire Management; 5th International Wildland Fire Conference; 9-13 May 2011; Sun City, South Africa. 1 p.
- Biocultural Ecology: Exploring the Social Construction of the Southern Appalachain Ecosystem
- Institutional change and campus greening at Tulane University
- Measuring wildland fire leadership: the crewmember perceived leadership scale
XML: View XML