Skip to Main Content
The Wildland Fire Decision Support System: Integrating science, technology, and fire managementAuthor(s): Morgan Pence; Tom Zimmerman
Source: Fire Management Today. 71(1): 18-22.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (260.5 KB)
DescriptionFederal agency policy requires documentation and analysis of all wildland fire response decisions. In the past, planning and decision documentation for fires were completed using multiple unconnected processes, yielding many limitations. In response, interagency fire management executives chartered the development of the Wildland Fire Decision Support System (WFDSS).
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationPence, Morgan; Zimmerman, Thomas. 2011. The Wildland Fire Decision Support System: Integrating science, technology, and fire management. Fire Management Today. 71(1): 18-22.
KeywordsWildland Fire Decision Support System (WFDSS), fire management
- Wildland fire decision support system air quality tools
- A real-time risk assessment tool supporting wildland fire decisionmaking
- Manitoba Health's emerging work on wildland fire smoke
XML: View XML