Skip to Main Content
Firefighter Math - a web-based learning toolAuthor(s): Dan Jimenez
Source: In: Wade, Dale D.; Robinson, Mikel L., eds. Proceedings of 3rd Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference; 25-29 October 2010; Spokane, WA. Birmingham, AL: International Association of Wildland Fire. 1 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (171.32 KB)
DescriptionFirefighter Math is a web based interactive resource that was developed to help prepare wildland fire personnel for math based training courses. The website can also be used as a refresher for fire calculations including slope, flame length, relative humidity, flow rates, unit conversion, etc. The website is designed to start with basic math refresher skills and advance to topics that directly apply to advanced wildland fire calculations. Firefighter math was established as a tutorial, and users are encouraged to focus on chapters that are most relevant.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationJimenez, Dan. 2010. Firefighter Math - a web-based learning tool. In: Wade, Dale D.; Robinson, Mikel L., eds. Proceedings of 3rd Fire Behavior and Fuels Conference; 25-29 October 2010; Spokane, WA. Birmingham, AL: International Association of Wildland Fire. 1 p.
Keywordswildland fire personnel, math based training courses
- Safe separation distance score: A new metric for evaluating wildland firefighter safety zones using lidar
- Firefighter Safety Zone: The effect of terrain slope of separation distance
- Towards improving wildland firefighter situational awareness through daily fire behaviour risk assessments in the US Northern Rockies and Northern Great Basin
XML: View XML