Skip to Main Content
Federated States of Micronesia's forest resources, 2006Author(s): Joseph A. Donnegan; Sarah L. Butler; Olaf Kuegler; Bruce A. Hiserote
Source: Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-262. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 50 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (3.78 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest Inventory and Analysis program collected, analyzed, and summarized field data on 73 forested field plots on the islands of Kosrae, Chuuk, Pohnpei, and Yap in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM). Estimates of forest area, tree stem volume and biomass, the numbers of trees, tree damages, and the distribution of tree sizes were summarized for this statistical sample. Detailed tables and graphical highlights provide a summary of FSM’s forest resources and a comparison to prior vegetation mapping and inventory work.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDonnegan, Joseph A.; Butler, Sarah L.; Kuegler, Olaf; Hiserote, Bruce A. 2011. Federated States of Micronesia's forest resources, 2006. Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-262. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 50 p.
KeywordsFederated States of Micronesia, Kosrae, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Yap, biomass, damage, Forest Inventory and Analysis, forest inventory, volume, land cover.
- Republic of the Marshall Islands' forest resources, 2008
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands' forest resources, 2004
- Guam's forest resources, 2002.
XML: View XML