Skip to Main Content
Republic of the Marshall Islands' forest resources, 2008Author(s): Joseph A. Donnegan; Steven T. Trimble; Karness Kusto; Olaf Kuegler; Bruce A. Hiserote
Source: Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-263. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 29 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (2.55 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest Inventory and Analysis program collected, analyzed, and summarized field data on 44 forested field plots for the 10 largest atoll groups in the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI): Ailinglaplap, Arno, Jaluit, Kwajalein, Likiep, Majuro, Maloelap, Mili, Rongelap, and Wotje. Estimates of forest area, tree stem volume and biomass, the numbers of trees, tree damages, and the distribution of tree sizes were summarized for this statistical sample. A variety of tables with graphical highlights provide a summary of RMI’s forest resources and a comparison to prior vegetation mapping and inventory work.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDonnegan, Joseph A.; Trimble, Steven T.; Kusto, Karness; Kuegler, Olaf; Hiserote, Bruce A. 2011. Republic of the Marshall Islands forest resources, 2008. Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-263. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 29 p.
KeywordsRMI, Ailinglaplap, Arno, Jaluit, Kwajalein, Likiep, Majuro, Maloelap, Mili, Rongelap, Wotje, biomass, damage, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA), forest inventory, volume, land cover.
- Federated States of Micronesia's forest resources, 2006
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands' forest resources, 2004
- Guam's forest resources, 2002.
XML: View XML