Skip to Main Content
Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands' forest resources, 2004Author(s): Joseph A. Donnegan; Sarah L. Butler; Olaf Kuegler; Bruce A. Hiserote
Source: Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-261. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 40 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (1.35 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest Inventory and Analysis program collected, analyzed, and summarized field data on 37 field plots on the islands of Rota, Tinian, and Saipan in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI). Estimates of forest area, tree stem volume and biomass, the numbers of trees, tree damages, and the distribution of tree sizes were summarized for this statistical sample. Detailed tables and graphical highlights provide a summary of the CNMI’s forest resources and a comparison to prior vegetation mapping work.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDonnegan, Joseph A.; Butler, Sarah L.; Kuegler, Olaf; Hiserote, Bruce A. 2011. Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands forest resources, 2004. Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-261. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 40 p.
KeywordsCNMI, biomass, damage, Forest Inventory and Analysis, forest inventory, volume, land cover.
- Federated States of Micronesia's forest resources, 2006
- Republic of the Marshall Islands' forest resources, 2008
- Guam's forest resources, 2002.
XML: View XML