Skip to Main Content
A Guide to Hardwood Log GradingAuthor(s): Everette D. Rast; David L. Sonderman; Glenn L. Gammon
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-1. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 32 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (2.9 MB)
DescriptionA guide to hardwood log grading (revised) was developed as a teaching aid and field reference in grading hardwood logs. Outlines basic principles and gives detailed practical applications, with illustrations, in grading hardwood logs. Includes standards for various use classes.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
CitationRast, Everette D.; Sonderman, David L.; Gammon, Glenn L. 1973. A Guide to Hardwood Log Grading. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-1. Upper Darby, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 32 p.
- Hardwood log grades and lumber grade yields for factory lumber logs
- Factors affecting the merchandising of hardwood logs in the southern tier of New York
- Lumber grade recoverey from Hawaii-grown robusta Eucalyptus logs
XML: View XML