Skip to Main Content
In Memory - George M. Byram: 1909-1996Author(s): Ralph M. Nelson
Source: International Journal of Wildland Fire. 6: 216-217.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication (MISC)
PDF: View PDF (134.23 KB)
DescriptionForest fire research lost one of its true pioneers on April 12, 1996, when George M. Byram passed away in Dunedin, Florida, at the age of 87. He made lasting contributions in nearly every subject matter area of forest fire research. He was also a gifted painter and a fine gentleman in the eyes of those who knew him.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNelson, Ralph M. 1996. In Memory - George M. Byram: 1909-1996. International Journal of Wildland Fire. 6: 216-217.
- Wallace L. Fons: fire research pioneer
- Obituary: Frank Albini, 1936-2005
- The "spotlight" ... highlighting researchers at work: Ward McCaughey: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
XML: View XML