Skip to Main Content
U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2006-2010.Author(s): James L. Howard; David B. McKeever
Source: Research note FPL-RN-0315. Madison, WI : U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, 2010: 11 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (498.61 KB)
DescriptionThis paper describes the current state of the U.S. economy and provides general and statistical information on forest products markets in terms of production, trade, consumption, and prices. Market developments are described for sawn softwood, sawn hardwood, softwood log trade, wood-based panels, paper and paperboard, fuelwood, forest product prices, and housing starts. Policy initiatives that can affect domestic markets and international trade in wood products are also discussed in some detail. Data are provided through the end of the year 2008 with estimates for 2009 and forecasts for 2010.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHoward, James L.; McKeever, David B. 2010. U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2006-2010. Research note FPL-RN-0315. Madison, WI : U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, 2010: 11 p.
KeywordsForest products industry, United States, forest products, market prices, market surveys, timber trade, production, consumption
- U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2007-2011.
- U.S. Forest Products Annual Market Review and Prospects 2010-2014
- U.S. Forest products annual market review and prospects, 1999–2002
XML: View XML