Skip to Main Content
Harvest of Plenty - OverviewAuthor(s): Philip A. Araman; John Tansey
Source: Timber Trade Journal. 356(5937): 1-2.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (56 KB)
DescriptionTrends in furniture fashion, consumer concerns about tropical hardwood usage and a concerted marketing drive by the American hardwood industry have each played their part in increasing the popularity of temperate hardwood in Europe in recent years. This supplement takes the reader on a trip through the hardwood producing regions of the U.S. and Canada, looking at the species and volumes available, forest management, market trends and kiln-drying. Kicking off with a comprehensive overview on U.S. hardwood forests, the supplement also includes information on exporting mills and UK suppliers. Articles on eastern and western Canada outline the small but thriving hardwood business north of the 49th parallel. Also, importantly, our selective directory of stockists provides UK contact details, complete with addresses and species information.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAraman, Philip A.; Tansey, John. 1991. Harvest of Plenty - Overview. Timber Trade Journal. 356(5937): 1-2.
- Factors influencing changes in U.S. hardwood log and lumber exports from 1990 to 2011. BioResources
- U.S. Hardwood Product Exports to Canada and a Look at U.S. Hardwood Resources
- Developing Inventory Projection Models Using Empirical Net Forest Growth and Growing-Stock Density Relationships Across U.S. Regions and Species Group
XML: View XML